6 oz organic silken tofu, drained and patted dry
1 large garlic clove, chopped
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp tahini paste
1 tbsp capers, drained
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp ground nori powder (ground in a spice grinder)
1-2 tsp agave syrup
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup filtered water (more or less for consistency)
1-2 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
- Add all ingredients, except for olive oil and water to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- With motor running drizzle in olive oil until creamy, adding water to get to the right pouring consistency.
- Check for seasoning and add additional salt if necessary.
- Chill until ready to use.
3 cups diced stale bread, crust removed and cut into 1" pieces
1 1/2 tsp finely minced fresh thyme leaves
1 1/2 tsp finely mined rosemary leaves
1 large garlic clove, finely minced
Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Toss bread cubes, thyme, rosemary and garlic with olive oil, salt and black pepper and place on a sheet tray.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown, tossing half way through.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
1 head romaine lettuce, washed, dried and chopped into bite size pieces
1 bunch kale, stems removed, washed, and torn into bite size pieces
1 crown of broccoli, washed and broken into florets
1/4 cup capers, drained
1 package Gardein Chick'n Filets, sauteed, and diced (optional)
Whole grain croutons
Salt and black pepper to taste
Freshly squeezed lemon juice
Note: Instead of using Gardein, you could substitute tempeh, baked tofu or garbanzo beans if you wanted additional protein.
- Fill a sauce pan with water and bring to a boil. Working in several batches, blanch kale for 1-2 seconds and immerse in an ice bath. Place kale in a salad spinner to remove excess moisture. Set aside.
- Do the same for the broccoli, drain and set aside.
- If using the Gardein Chick'n Filets, heat a saute pan to medium-high. Brush filets lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper and saute for about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove from heat and dice into large chunks.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss lightly with dressing. Check for seasonings and finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.