1/2 cup Vegenaise
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tbsp fresh dill, finely minced
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp salt (or more to taste)
1/4 tsp black pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl and chill until ready to use.
1 8.5 oz package Organic 3-Grain Tempeh
1/4 cup celery, finely diced
1/4 cup dill pickles, finely diced
2 tbsp red onion, finely diced
1/2 tsp ground Nori seaweed (optional)
1 large tomato, thinly sliced
2 cups watercress, arugula, or romaine lettuce
4 whole wheat burger buns
- Remove tempeh from the package, slice in half and steam for 15 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes and then grate on a box grater. Place in a large bowl in the refrigerator to chill while preparing other ingredients.
- Toast a small amount of nori (about 2") in a dry saute pan, crumble and using a spice grinder, grind into a powder. Use only 1/2 tsp for the recipe.
- Finely dice celery, pickles and onion and set aside.
- Remove tempeh from the fridge, add diced vegetables, nori and dill aioli and stir to combine. Check for seasonings and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Chill until ready to use.
- Serve on a toasted bun with extra Vegenaise, sliced tomatoes and watercress.