1 1/2 cups finely chopped parsley (rinse really well and dry in a salad spinner or paper towels before chopping)
1 1/2 cups cooked bulgur wheat
1/2 cup finely diced English cucumber with skin
1/2 cup seeded, finely diced tomatoes
1/4 cup finely chopped mint (rinse and dry really well)
1 cup cooked chickpeas, drained and dried
Juice from two lemons
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp salt (or more to taste)1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a cup of water to boil, place the bulgur in a bowl and cover with water. The water should cover the bulgur 1/8 - 1/4 inch.
- Cover bowl with a plate and let rest for 30-40 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork. If there is any water remaining after sitting, drain the bulgur really well and then pat dry on a paper towel.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add lemon juice, red wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Let Tabbouleh sit in the refrigerator for about an hour for the flavors to develop. Taste and adjust seasons if necessary.
3 tbsp Tahini sauce/paste
Juice of three lemons (or to taste)
1/4 cup chopped mint
1 tbsp Vegenaise or Follow Your Heart sour cream
1/2 tsp tumeric powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
2 tbsp non dairy milk
Salt and pepper to taste
Water to thin to desired consistency
- In a food processor or blender, mix all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Should have a consistency of heavy cream.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary.