Peanut Dipping Sauce:
1/2 cup smooth organic natural peanut butter
1/3 cup vegetable stock
1/4 cup lite coconut milk
2 tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos or organic soy sauce
2 tsp fresh ginger root, grated
1 tsp Chili Garlic Sauce or Sambal Oelek (or more depending on heat)
1 tbsp green onion, finely minced
1 1/2 tbsp cilantro, finely minced
2 tsp maple syrup or brown sugar
Juice of 1 lime
- In a small sauce pan heat peanut butter, vegetable stock and coconut milk until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in all other ingredients, reserving a little cilantro for garnish.
- Chill or keep at room temperature until ready to use.
8 oz - 16 oz organic extra firm tofu, drained, patted dry and sliced into 1/4" slices
1 head green leafy lettuce, washed, ribs removed, dried and large leaves torn into smaller strips
2 large carrots, sliced thin into 4" matchsticks
1/2 large English cucumber, sliced thin into 4" matchsticks
1 large red bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced thin into 4" matchsticks
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, large leaves torn
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1/4 package vermicelli rice sticks
1 package Rice Paper (I used Three Ladies Brand)
- Cover vermicelli rice noodles with boiling water and let sit until soft, about 15 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Prep all vegetables and tofu and set aside.
- Bring 8 cups water to a simmer and pour into a large bowl.
- Have a sheet tray and damp dish towel ready.
- Working with one rice paper at a time, dip into hot water for about five seconds, lay on a flat surface and pat dry with a dish towel.
- Place lettuce slices close to the bottom of the circle, add a small amount of rice noodles, vegetables and tofu and top with fresh herbs. Be careful not to over stuff.
- Roll up tightly, like a burrito and place on the sheet tray and cover immediately with the damp dish towel to keep from drying out. Repeat process.
- I made about 10 rolls--I just kept going until I ran out of veggies. But you could make a lot more depending on how many rice sheets come in the package and how many veggies you prep.