Spicy Tahini Dressing:
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked for 20 minutes, drained
1/4 cup Medjool dates, pitted and soaked for 20 minutes, drained
2 tbsp tahini paste
2 tbsp Nama Shoyu or (Tamari sauce, gluten-free)
1 tsp grated fresh ginger root
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp sesame oil (optional, omit if you want oil-free)
Juice of two limes
1-1 1/4 cup filtered water (to desired consistency)
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients (except salt and pepper) to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2 medium green zucchini
2 medium yellow zucchini
1/2 lb daikon radish, peeled
1/2 lb jicama, peeled
1 large carrot, peeled
1 red bell pepper, cored and seeds removed, thinly sliced
1/2 cup snow peas, stems removed, thinly sliced
1 cup mung bean sprouts
2 scallions, sliced on a bias
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
1/4 cup chopped raw cashews
- Using a mandolin or by hand, slice zucchini, radish, jicama, and carrot into thin strips and set aside in separate bowls
- Prep all other vegetables and set aside.
- You can either stack all the ingredients on a plate and serve with the dressing on the side, or you can toss it all together with the dressing and serve immediately.
- Garnish with scallions, basil, cilantro and cashews.