1 cup raw cashews, soaked in filtered water for about four hours, drained
1 small avocado, peeled and chopped
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 tbsp minced capers
1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
Juice of 1-2 lemons
1 cup filtered water (to thin to desired consistency)
2 tbsp first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
1-2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
- Drain cashews and place in a food processor along with chopped avocado, mustard, capers, pickles and the juice of 1 lemon. Process until smooth scraping down the sides.
- With the motor running, slowly add water to desired consistency and drizzle in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and more lemon juice if desired.
- Chill for at least two hours for flavors to combine.
1 2 lb jicama peeled and diced into 1" cubes
1 cup finely diced celery
3/4 cup finely diced dill pickle
1/2 cup finely diced red onion
1/4 cup minced capers
1/4 cup finely minced fresh dill
Avocado-aioli added to desired consistency
1/2 tsp celery seed
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Fresh lemon juice to taste
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together adding in enough avocado-aioli for a creamy texture and chill for about three hours for flavors to combine.
- Garnish with additional dill leaves and lemon wedges if desired.