2 acorn squash, blemish free, washed, cut, seeds removed and sliced into wedges
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup pure maple syrup, divided
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Fried sage leaves (see below)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl toss squash with cinnamon, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp maple syrup and salt and pepper.
- Divide squash between two sheet trays and bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, rotating trays and turning over squash half way through the cooking process until soft, caramelized and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place on serving platter and drizzle with sage oil, 2 tbsp maple syrup and crumbled fried sage leaves.
6 sage leaves
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a small sauce pan, heat oil on medium, add sage leaves and cook for about 1 minute until crispy, turning over once.
- Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Pour sage oil over roasted squash and garnish with minced fried sage leaves.