3/4 cup whole grain spelt flour
3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup organic plain soy milk
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp agave syrup
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp canola oil (plus more for brushing griddle)
1 tbsp finely ground flax seed
3 tbsp filtered water
Note: This batter makes about 10, 5" pancakes.
- Place soy milk in a medium bowl and add vinegar, stir to combine and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk flax and water until frothy and add to soy milk mixture, along with agave, vanilla extract and canola oil. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In another medium bowl sift together, flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined. There should be some small lumps.
- Heat griddle pan to medium heat and brush with canola oil. Using a 1/4 measuring cup, ladle batter onto griddle and cook until golden brown, flipping once. Keep pancakes warm while cooking the entire batch.
1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
2 tbsp maple syrup
- Heat a small skillet on medium heat, add chopped pecans and maple syrup and cook until syrup coats the pecans and is caramelized, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove pecans from the pan and spread out on a piece of parchment or silpat to cool, breaking up any large clumps, once cooled.
2 medium ripe, but firm organic peaches or nectarines, diced small
Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Spread or Sticks
Pure Maple Syrup