You can use whatever ingredients you like to make yours! I happen to like oven roasted tomatoes and briny olives and capers in mine. Serve it with a side salad of arugula, and shaved fennel, tossed with a balsamic vinaigrette and a glass of red wine--a perfect ending to a long work day! Now if it was only Friday!
1/2 pound cooked whole wheat spaghetti, rinsed and drained
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small red onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, core removed, seeded and sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup oven roasted tomatoes, julienned
1/2 cup California black olives, sliced
1 6 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts in olive oil
3 tbsp capers
1/2 cup Daiya Harvarti Wedge Cheese, shredded
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Basil chiffonade for garnish
1 16 oz package of firm tofu (not silken or extra firm, just regular), drained
3/4-1 cup water
1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp black salt (found in Indian markets--not black in color, but pink)
Salt and pepper to taste (taste before adding because the black salt is salty)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- If you are using leftover pasta rinse to refresh it. If making fresh, follow package directions, drain and place in a large bowl.
- In a cast iron skillet, or non-stick skillet saute onions and bell peppers in olive oil until soft.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste and cook a few minutes longer.
- Add pepper/onion mixture to pasta, along with roasted tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, and capers and stir to combine.
- In a food processor or blender, blend tofu custard until smooth. You want it to be the consistency of thick creamy ranch dressing, but not mayonnaise. You may need to add a little more or less water. Taste and season with additional salt or turmeric if you want more color.
- Pour tofu custard over pasta/veggies and mix to combine. I did not use all of my custard--I had about 1 cup left over.
- Spray pan with a little oil and pour spaghetti mixture into pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until bubbly and set. Five minutes before removing from the oven, sprinkle with shredded cheese and bake until melted.
- Remove frittata from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes for custard to set. Garnish with basil and enjoy!