1 can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained and dried really well with a towel
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 large onion, diced small
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried Italian seasoning, or 2 tsp fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano, fennel), minced
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
1/2-1 tsp grated lemon zest
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Whole wheat tortillas
1 package Daiya Havarti Wedge Cheese, shredded
Tomato-Caper-Olive Arugula Salad
- Saute onion, garlic and Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes until soft.
- In a food processor, process beans until mostly smooth, adding 1 tbsp of bean fluid or water.
- Remove bean mixture place in a bowl and stir in onion mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add shredded cheese, bean mixture to tortilla and saute until golden brown.
- Cut into wedges and garnish with balsamic glaze and salad.