Anyway, I knew that I would not want to make dinner after returning from a three hour hike and so before we left I prepped this dish in 15 minutes. And when we got home it was ready and waiting. Just a perfect day!
1/4 cup Follow Your Heart Sour Cream
1/4 cup Vegenaise
1/4 cup Major Grey's Mango Chutney
1-2 tbsp Madras Yellow Curry Powder
2 tbsp white wine, veg stock or water
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together and set aside.
4 oz (1/2 package) Soy Curls (or you can substitute, extra firm baked or fried tofu, tempeh or seitan)
1 cup celery, finely diced
1 cup red seedless grapes, sliced in 1/2 or 1/4's depending on size
1/2 cup toasted and salted cashews, roughly chopped
2 tbsp red onion, finely diced
1 tbsp chives, finely minced
1 head bib lettuce, washed and dried
- Cover soy curls with boiling water and rehydrate for 15 minutes, drain really well on paper towels or a dish towel to remove excess moisture. Chop into 1" pieces and place in a large bowl.
- While soy curls are soaking, prep other ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients together and check for seasonings.
- Let mixture chill for at least an hour for flavors to develop.
- Place about 2 tbsp of mixture in the center of each lettuce leaf and garnish with additional chopped cashews and chives.