4 whole grain sprouted hot dog buns (I like Alvarado Street Bakery)
4 Yves Meatless Jumbo Hot Dogs
1/2 cup Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds
4 kosher dill pickles, thinly sliced
1/2 English cucumber, diced small
3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced small
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
1/2 small onion, diced small
1 tsp canola oil
- Dice all vegetables and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat, add canola oil and jumbo dogs.
- Cook for about 4 minutes, turning so that every side is lightly charred.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with Daiya Cheese and cover with a lid for about two minutes for cheese to melt.
- Toast buns and pile on all the ingredients of choice.
2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4" slices
Old Bay Seasoning
1 Liter Canola Oil for frying
Apple cider vinegar or ketchup for dipping
- Peel and slice potatoes into 1/4" slices and place in a large bowl and cover with cool water and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and dry really well with paper towels or a dish towel.
- In a deep dutch oven or stock pot, using a deep frying thermometer and heat canola oil to 275 degrees.
- Add 1/2 of the fries and cook for five minutes. Remove fries and place on a sheet tray and repeat with the remaining fries.
- Remove oil from heat and chill fries in the freezer for about 15 minutes until cold, but not frozen.
- Reheat oil to 350 degrees and again fry the fries in batches until golden and crispy.
- Remove fries from the oil and drain on paper towels. While fries are still hot, toss with Old Bay seasoning and kosher salt.
- Serve hot along with apple cider vinegar and ketchup for dipping.