2 lbs baby brussels sprouts, washed, bottom trimmed and either sliced in half or quartered, depending on size
1/3 cup 100% pure maple syrup, thickened slightly
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place brussels in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until lightly charred and crisp-tender. Toss once half way through the cooking process.
- While brussels are roasting, in a small sauce pan, bring maple syrup to a boil and cook for a couple of minutes until it is slightly thicker and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove brussels from the oven and place in a large bowl and toss with hot maple syrup.
- Brussels can be served as is or garnished with toasted chopped hazelnuts.