- Pick through 1 cup of French green lentils to make sure they are free of stones and debris, rinse and soak them in a 2 quart jar for 8-12 hours.
- Rinse lentils in a strainer and tap to remove excess water. Place lentils back in the 2 quart jar and position the jar at a 45 degree angle propped up in a bowl so that any remaining water will drain away from the lentils. Rinse and drain lentils three times a day (morning, late afternoon, late evening), and place back in the jar. Repeat this process for up to two days until lentils have sprouted.
- Rinse and drain lentils again and then place in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Use lentils within three days of sprouting for maximum freshness.
3 cups sprouted French green lentils
2 cups small diced Roma tomatoes
2 cups small diced English cucumbers
1 cup finely minced Italian flat leaf parsley
1/2 cup finely minced mint
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds, soaked for 30 minutes, drained
Juice of 1-2 lemons, or to taste
2-4 tbsp first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour for flavors to combine.
- Serve with tahini dressing, or dressing of choice.