1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least four hours or overnight in filtered water
1 cup filtered water for blending
- Drain water and place cashews in a blender and cover with 1 cup of filtered water.
- Blend on high speed for about 3-4 minutes until creamy.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
4-5 ears organic white and yellow corn on the cob, shucked and kernels removed from the cob (yield about 5 cups kernels)
1 cup cashew cream
1 cup filtered water
1/4 tsp freshly ground black or white pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
Chopped chives for garnish
- In a food processor, blend corn kernels until you have a puree. Remove 1/4 cup of puree and set aside. Scrape out remaining puree into a blender.
- Add cashew cream, water and spices and blend until smooth, adjusting salt and seasonings if necessary.
- Strain soup through a strainer into a bowl and chill for at least two hours before using. Taste soup before serving and adjust seasoning. Chilling food masks flavors so it's important to taste again.
1 bunch organic chives
1/4 cup filtered water (or enough to get the blender going)
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Note: Chives and corn are such a great combination, but this optional. If you don't want to make the emulsion then just garnish the soup with chopped chives and chive sprigs.
- Chop chives into small pieces and place in a blender.
- Add lemon juice and enough water to get the blender moving and blend until smooth.
- Add minced garlic and with the blender running, slowly drizzle in olive oil until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- Store in a squeeze bottle in the refrigerator.