Corn Tortilla Chips:
2 cups yellow frozen corn, thawed and drained
1 cup raw almonds, soaked
3/4 cup hemp seeds
3/4 cup golden ground flax seed
1/2 cup raw pinenuts
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp paprika
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2-2 1/4 cups filtered water--you want the batter to be thick, but still easy to spread.
Note: I'm not certain how long the tortilla chips will take in a dehydrator, but probably 12-15 hours, maybe longer.
- Pre-heat oven to lowest temperature.
- Soak almonds in filtered water for about four hours, drain.
- Place almonds in a food processor and process until fine.
- Add corn kernels and process again, scraping down the sides.
- Add all other ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Line two sheet trays with silpats and divide batter between trays and smooth with an off-set spatula. Cover the entire surface completely. You want the batter to be about an 1/8" thick.
- Bake in the oven for about 3-3 1/2 hours, turning tray frequently and making sure that it does not cook too quickly.
- Once firm with no raw batter visible and pliable, remove tray from oven and carefully flip onto another tray and carefully remove silpat.
- Return to the oven and bake again on the other side until crisp, but still pliable, checking frequently and being careful not to burn.
- Remove from oven and let cool before breaking into desired pieces.
1 cup sprouted French green lentils
1 cup fresh corn kernels
1 cup shredded jacima
1 cup shredded green cabbage
2 tbsp minced cilantro leaves
Juice of 1-2 limes
Sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste
Pico de Gallo Salsa (Roma tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, lime juice, s&p)
Guacamole (Avocado, lime juice, cilantro, garlic powder, onion powder, s&p)
Cashew Creme Fraiche (Cashew cream, lime juice, minced cilantro, s&p)
Cilantro leaves for garnish
- In a medium bowl mix together sprouted lentils, corn, jacima, green cabbage, minced cilantro, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- To plate, place a couple of tortilla chips on a plate and top with sprouted lentil mixture, top with a couple more chips and add more lentils. Garnish with guacamole, cashew cream, pico de gallo and cilantro leaves.